Flood Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Flood Insurance Information
Louisiana participates in the National Flood Insurance Program, and any homeowner or business owner can apply for this coverage. Consider Bruni Insurance Agency, an agency that truly cares about the Louisiana community. Whether in Morgan City or Patterson, flood insurance from a local agent will be important if you ever need to file a claim.
Common Myths About Flood Insurance
Did you know that flooding can cause damage in the five-figure range to your home? Yikes! In spite of this, and the fact that flooding can be one of the most common causes of damage from natural disasters in Louisiana, many people don't want to purchase flood insurance because of a few myths, including the following:
- Myth #1: Flooding is covered by my homeowners insurance. Louisiana homeowners insurance does not cover flooding.
- Myth #2: I don't live in a high-risk zone, so I don't need to worry about flooding. Flooding can be caused by all sorts of perils, including rapid accumulation of rainfall from a hard Louisiana rain, excess river-flow, tidal surges, and even changes due to building and development.
- Myth #3: Flood Insurance is expensive. Louisiana flood insurance is surprisingly affordable, sometimes just over $100 per year.
What Does Flood Insurance Cover?
The National Flood Insurance Program pays for general cleanup and repairs of your home. It will also cover some of the contents necessary to basic living, such as your washer and dryer, freezer and frozen food. It will pay for the necessary repairs required to make your home livable and sanitary. This is a basic government program without many frills.
Fortunately, with flood insurance from Bruni Insurance Agency, you can protect yourself from this devastating financial loss and from the following types of scenarios including:
- Rapid accumulation or runoff of surface waters from any source
- Storm Surges
- Blocked storm drains as a result of storms
- Overflow of inland or tidal waters.
When's the best time to purchase Louisiana flood insurance? Now! It won't be available at the onset of a disaster. Get a flood insurance quote today.
Are you ready to get a flood insurance quote? Fill out our quick and easy quote form today!